Thursday, December 3, 2009

Organic, vegan, wheat, gluten free.......beauty products....?

Just curious...I understand the health benefits behind being Vegan...what's the deal with vegan/organic/etc. lotions, soaps, etc.? What are the benefits behind the shampoos, foot lotions, and soaps such as Dr. Bronners, DESERT ESSENCE???Organic, vegan, wheat, gluten free.......beauty products....?
I suppose the organic part would simply be people not wanting all those chemicals in products that they put on their bodies. Unfortunately, organic doesn't mean much these days.





As far as vegan health and beauty products go, I do not want animals to die for my food, so I certainly feel no need for them to die for my beauty products.


:)





Vegan products mean that there are no animal ingredients, and the vegan label also means that the products were not tested on animals. I think people are confused as to what ';testing'; on animals entails, but I assure you that they are not sitting around washing the bunnies' fur to see how silky-smooth it becomes.





Purchasing vegan products is just another way to extend a person's attempts at living a cruelty-free lifestyle. I used to simply look for products that said ';not tested on animals'; and then one day I accidentally bought a shampoo that had placenta as an ingredient. I cannot (and dare not) imagine what sick people have to do to get an animal's placenta.





After that, I have made sure to buy vegan products.Organic, vegan, wheat, gluten free.......beauty products....?
lol, No problem.





Thanks.


:) Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
oily skin