Thursday, December 3, 2009

Psoriasis - Help on beauty products?

My sons girlfriend has psoriasis. Her face is clear but her hairline is really bad and she is very concious of this. Are there any hair products that really help? At present she just uses any shampoo/conditioners/styling products. I would like to buy her something nice for her birthday which would help.Psoriasis - Help on beauty products?
Well, I donno how nice it is, but Neutrogena's T-gel works for me.Psoriasis - Help on beauty products?
She really needs to get help from a dermatologist. What works for some people doesn't work for others. Some people can be helped with just a medicated shampoo, others a prescription shampoo - or are, like me, and need to use a prescription lotion for the scalp which is very strong.
my uncle has that.


he bought a tanning bed.


tanning gets rid of it!


bus theres tons of like moisturizers.


but i don't have it, so i don't know a good one..
It is nice of you to want to help, but different things work for different people. I use Protopic, but it is a prescription. None of the over-the-counter shampoos or conditioners, or portions with tar or whatever worked for me. I wear bangs.





My hairdresser said Nioxin worked for some people -- buy it at the beauty supply place, but it never worked either. I have psoriasis all over the body and am keeping that in check with prescribed medication. (but the scalp is still not clear)
I used to get this but not any more. I wash my hair with Head %26amp; Shoulders and pay particular attention to my hairline and behind my ears. Once or twice a week is sufficient with normal cosmetic shampoo for the rest of the time.


When I was first diagnosed with it, I was prescribed a shampoo called Polytar which worked well, but my hair smelled like a roadworks!
i have psoriasis on my scalp. ask her to get plenty of sun, it really helps. an keep the area moisturize coz dry skin will make it worse.
i use Neutrogena's T-gel it seems to calm it down,
Here's some information that may help: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.as鈥?/a>
exorex which is a range of lotions which are apparently very good do a shampoo which may help. worth a try. its available to buy in pharmacies, not sure it comes under the category ';nice'; but its quite expensive (拢10 or so) so reasonable bday pressie.
Go to the body shop ask them, and they will give you a really good shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer that will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
oily skin